Thursday, March 31, 2005

Teachers Who Position Their Blog or CMS as their Professional Home Page | Kairosnews

Kairosnews has a post Teachers Who Position Their Blog or CMS as their Professional Home Page | Kairosnewsthat has made me think. The question is whether or not my blog is what I consider my main online presence.

I had never really thought about that before. Would I want prospective employers to read my blog? What conclusions would they draw about me? Is my blog a better initial representation of me and my professional life than the site I've set up as an e-portfolio would be?

After reading the post and thinking about it, I have decided to link to my portfolio blog from this blog. I had already done the reverse. But the question still remains as to which site I would give out as my URL.

No matter which answer I eventually come up with (and I have to admit that the answer might depend on who I was giving the URL to and for what purpose), I think this is a good reminder for me that what we say here in our blogs is public. A good blog could be a professional asset -- but a bad one would definitely be a liability if someone were to stumble upon it. Something to keep in mind.

No comments: