Saturday, April 01, 2006

Characteristics of good blogs

Thanks to Darren for the link to Bill MacKenty's post in which he lists the eSchool news criteria for what makes a good blog. It includes:

1. Personality

2. Usefulness

3. Writing style

4. Usability and design

5. Frequency

6. Relevancy

7. Interactivity

8. Fulfillment of purpose

9. Appropriateness

10. Would you revisit
Bill's post includes the description of each of these. You really should check it out.

As I look at my own blog, I see that I need to do some work in some of these areas. Maybe all of them. Something to think about...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know...I can honestly say that you're one of the top blogs I read--you tend to be focussed on in-the-classroom applications as I am, and I always leave with a good idea or two.