Monday, September 04, 2006

Up and running wirelessly in Ubuntu

After installing Ubuntu a few weeks ago, I have had nothing but problems computer-wise. They had nothing to do with Ubuntu - just bad luck on my part. I ended up having to reformat my hard drive and reinstall Windows (where the problem occurred) a week ago. I decided to reinstall Ubuntu today, and I made up my mind I would get the wireless running. Well, to make a long story short, I am working in Ubuntu and am connected wirelessly. Hurrah! I was beginning to doubt it would ever happen, but it did. So now I can explore Ubuntu more and, hopefully, get to the point where I can get rid of Windows entirely. But for now, I am happy just to be where I am!

2 comments:

Miguel Guhlin (@mGuhlin) said...

Great job, Nancy! Remember to use Automatix. It does a lot of neat stuff for your Ubuntu distribution. Find it online at http://www.getautomatix.com

I would also recommend making a backup of the partition you have Ubuntu installed on once you get it just the way you want it. That way, you can experiment to your heart's content then reimage from the backup to get everything back. You can find instructions at my site, Around the Corner.

Best wishes,
Miguel Guhlin
http://www.mguhlin.net/blog

Nathan Lowell said...

Ah. Another one finds the power in the Dark Side ...

muahahAHAHA

Nice job, Nancy