Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Writing among writers

I spent yesterday with a group of Louisiana writers. Most were from the Southeastern Louisiana Writing Project. The others were from other Louisiana Writing Project sites. And then there was Kim Stafford. He is director of the Northwest Writing Institute and son of the late Poet Laureate of the US, William Stafford.

Kim had us writing and talking about writing all day. It was great! I hadn't realized how much I missed it. I thought blogging served as my outlet for writing, but I find that I need this community of writers, too.

Tomorrow we head into New Orleans to write for three days. I am really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Nathan Lowell said...

I feel your pain, Nancy.

I had the same problem last year and decided to do something about it. Four novels later (fifth due at the end of the month), I'm feeling much better about things in general and I've even gotten an nice audience ... Holla at me and we can talk :)