Friday, July 29, 2005

Anne does it again!

Why is it that every time I get a good idea, I discover that Anne has had it, too -- and usually a step or two ahead of me? I'm glad, though, because she develops it and expresses it so much better than I could. This time it is the idea of using blogs for professional development. If you haven't read her post, please do.

Actually, Anne's spin is a little different than mine. I have been thinking a lot about how my colleagues, at least as far as professional development is concerned, are the bloggers out there who share their insights with me. We enter into conversation, and I learn a lot. I wish I worked at a school where everyone was willing to investigate a question dealing with education and share their findings with the group, but I don't. We aren't required to do any professional development. So I turn to you, my readers, and to the people whose blogs I read to discuss my questions with me. I thank you for contributing to the conversation.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

It's about creating an authentic learning community, right? Personal enrichment and professional development are sometimes one and the same. If our real life colleagues aren't interested in professional and personal enrichment, then it is their loss. I say keep on blogging!!