Thursday, June 23, 2005

With a little help from my friends...

Well, this is what I love about blogging: You ask a question or raise an issue and someone comes through with an answer or at least with more food for thought. This time the help came in the form of a comment from Nate. Now, you could all read it for yourselves if you just went to my blog and read the last post, but I doubt that many of you will do that. And this is too good an idea not to pass on.

I asked about how students would prepare a portfolio of blog posts for grading. I didn't want them to print them out, as that seems kind of silly. And I was honestly at a loss as to what to do. But Nate had a great idea:
I pulled some of my key writings out of my Cognitive Dissonance blog and put links in the sidebar to the items I didn't want to get lost in the sauce.

Having a category of "Portfolio" might do the same ... the key element is capturing the links and making it easy for the students to submit them, I'd think...


Nate, that was brilliant. I am going to try it. Thank you so very, very much!

No comments: