Monday, July 18, 2005

SLWP Advanced Institute, Day 1

Today was the first day of the Southeastern Louisiana Writing Project's Advanced Institute. It was a great day! We had three presentations, guided inquiries into topics related to teaching. Then we did some serious writing. After that we got into our response groups to read and comment on the writing.

Since this is only a two week institute, we have to really hit the ground running. I am glad to be writing with other writers. And I am learning from the guided inquiries.

Tomorrow I do my presentation on teaching English Language Learners in the regular classroom. We will be looking at different situations and trying to figure out what is going on under the surface. I will be using a post from The Daily Grind as part of it. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.

I wish everyone could have this opportunity. Please check out the writing project in your area, if there is one.

No comments: