Friday, January 04, 2008

We could do it

Another post from Technology for the Adult Education Instructor. She calls for:
...an educational revolution. Evolution is common in education. We are reactive rather than proactive, based on the conditions that surround us.
My boss yesterday was telling me of the push at the state level for distance education, but all she could see were the problems. I think, though, that it isn't as tricky as she thinks. I need to talk to her and lay out some ideas I have. I would love to see us develop a website that students around the state could access. We could set up regular courses using Moodle, and we could track enrollment and progress. Maybe we need satellite locations to provide basic computer familiarization and, if necessary, access to computers. I don't know. I know that many of my students have computers but, as one told me yesterday, so far it sits in the corner as a decoration because she is afraid to turn it on.

I am excited about this prospect, more excited than I have been in a long time.

No comments: