Friday, April 15, 2005

Thanks!

I just wanted to thank everyone who has commented on my last post about my blocked access problem. I am trying to be very confident that we can work it out, but your encouragement helps a lot!

I work in a college, but my students' access is severely limited. The access to the web is, by default, the same for my students as it is for any kindergarten child in a Catholic school in our area. (We have the same provider and cannot switch.) And my international students don't really have a home here except the college. South Louisiana is not a real tech friendly or savy place (not a lot of WiFi, for example), so they don't have a lot of outside options.

But I am hopeful. I will wait until Monday to see what the IT guy tells me as his initial response. Sometimes he is able to get some of these decisions changed, but there is no guarantee. If he doesn't get back to me by then, I'll talk to the Academic Dean and explain my problem. Somehow or other, it will happen.

1 comment:

Bee said...

Explaining why you need it, showing examples is the best way to convince people.
I am sure you will be able to convince them.
Good luck!