Tuesday, June 28, 2005

How blogging affects our grading practices

There is a great post over at the blog of proximal development about how the way Konrad grades and comments on his students has been influenced by blogging. It is a very insightful post, and I advise you to check it out.

It made me realize that I often still do things the way I have always done them -- even though I don't necessarily believe it is the best way. Is it laziness? Lack of thinking and follow-through on that thinking? Uncertainty about how to do it better? I know that as much as I try to reflect regularly on what I do in the classroom, I could do a lot more in that regard.

Every change we make in the classroom leads to more changes -- or more things that could be changed. It would be a shame to stop en route and not make it to the finish line!

No comments: