I think a teacher blog is the best way to have a web presence.
1. Blogs make it easy to create and post. You need to know how to type and navigate around a web page.
2. Blogs are interactive. Parents and students can interact with the teacher.
3. In less than 20 minutes a week you can keep your blog up-to-date.
4. Blogs can be used for multiple purposes, posting homework, student publishing, web links, and more.
5. Blogs allow for additional features as your technology skills grow.
I am happy to see the growing number of teacher blogs out there. Maybe someday we will see that, as Jim says, all teachers have a blog or some other sort of up to date web presence.